Applications for the HCLA Class of 2023 are now open!
The Hamilton County Leadership Academy offers a 10-month program designed to connect leaders to Hamilton County. Graduates of the program will have a deeper knowledge and understanding of Hamilton County operations, history, and trends, and identify how they can make a difference where they live, work, volunteer, and play.
Click here for the Class of 2023 application form. The application process requires:
- A completed application form
- Your resume, CV, or experience narrative
- A letter of recommendation
It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete the HCLA Class of 2023 application.
All applications and supplemental materials must be received by Tuesday, May 31 at 11:59 pm ET. Late applications will not be considered.
Participation in each HCLA class is limited and extremely competitive.
We have found our classes are most successful when they represent a balanced geographic and demographic cross-section of Hamilton County. Applications are reviewed by a selection committee using a point system. The selection committee uses this application as its sole source of information about you. Take the time to answer questions thoroughly and thoughtfully to give yourself the best possible chance of being selected.
Tuition for HCLA is $1,750 and may be paid by the class member, their employer, or a sponsor supporting the class member. Limited scholarships are available, please note interest or need for financial support in your application.
Once accepted into the program, the tuition payment must be received by Wednesday, August 17, 2022.
HCLA Class of 2023 Interest Meet-Ups
Join HCLA staff and leadership at one of four meet-ups to learn more about HCLA, the Class of 2023 application process, and what we are looking for as we build our 2023 cohort. These sessions are not mandatory but provide time to answer your questions and highlight the impact of HCLA on the personal and community level.
- Wednesday, April 27 | 3:30-5:00 pm | The Collaboration Hub, 11810 Technology Drive, Fishers, IN
**In collaboration with the Hamilton County Community Foundation
- Wednesday, May 4 | 5:00-6:30 pm | Sun King Carmel, 351 Monon Boulevard, Carmel, IN
- Friday, May 6 | 8:30-10:00 am | Remnant Coffee, 101 W Main Street, Arcadia, IN
- Tuesday, May 10 | 1:00-2:00 pm | Zoom Virtual Meeting
An applicant should:
- Reside or work in Hamilton County.
- Share a desire to gain a deeper understanding of Hamilton County trends, operations, and services to the community.
- Demonstrate a record of leadership both professionally and through volunteerism in the community.
- Have the opportunity and passion to significantly influence issues facing our community.
- Articulate the impact they hope to make in Hamilton County due to their HCLA participation.
- Be able to commit to the attendance and time requirements of a monthly class experience from 8:20 am-4:30 pm one time a month from September-May (missing no more than 2 classes) and mandatory attendance at a two-day opening retreat in August and a one-day closing retreat in June.
- Invest in their leadership journey and have the ability to pay the $1,750 program tuition.
- Be eager to learn, network, and engage with peers across Hamilton County.
For more information on the HCLA Class of 2023, please contact Diana Coyle, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.