FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Hamilton County Leadership Academy?
The Hamilton County Leadership Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit leadership training and development organization governed by a volunteer board of directors, staffed by one full-time employee and one part-time employee, and supported by a team of alumni volunteers.
What is the tuition for the program?
Tuition for HCLA is $2,000 and may be paid by the class member, their employer, or a sponsor supporting the class member.
Limited scholarships are available, interest and need for scholarships should be noted in your HCLA application.
How is the Hamilton County Leadership Academy funded?
Funding is provided by participant tuition fees, contributions from local governmental entities and corporations, grants, and private donations.
Who is eligible to participate in the HCLA program?
An applicant should:
- Reside or work in Hamilton County.
- Share a desire to gain a deeper understanding of Hamilton County trends, operations, and services to the community.
- Demonstrate a record of leadership both professionally and through volunteerism in the community.
- Have the opportunity and passion to significantly influence issues facing our community.
- Articulate the impact they hope to make in Hamilton County due to their HCLA participation.
- Be able to commit to the attendance and time requirements of a monthly class experience from 8:20 am-4:30 pm one time a month from September-May (missing no more than 2 classes) and mandatory attendance at a two-day opening retreat in August and a one-day closing retreat in June.
- Invest in their leadership journey and have the ability to pay the $2,000 program tuition.
- Be eager to learn, network, and engage with peers across Hamilton County.
Class size is limited, and the selection of participants is highly competitive.
What is the expected time commitment of the program?
- Attend Opening Retreat (August)
- Attend Closing Retreat (June)
- Attend 9 Monthly Class Sessions (September – May), missing no more than 2 class sessions
Monthly class sessions run from 8:20 am-4:30 pm. Cohort members must arrive on time and stay until sessions adjourn. If these requirements are not met, this could jeopardize the member’s matriculation to graduation and grant of alumni status.
How do I apply for the program?
Complete and submit an application. Applications for the Class of 2024 will launch on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. The deadline to submit the application is Wednesday, April 12, 2023 by 11:59 pm ET.
What is the content of the courses offered?